I’ve got to admit, 2015 was not my favorite year. It was a year of transition. With adjusting to life with two young sons, getting used to my new career, Andy finishing up his degree (and then landing a great job on graduation day!) a healthy lifestyle wasn’t a top priority. I was able to maintain my weight loss after having Dawson, but I didn’t accomplish all of the goals that I had for myself. I’m happy to report that I’ve started 2016 out with a bang. I’m determined to keep that momentum up through the year by sticking to monthly goals.
1) Hot Chocolate Bling – The Hot Chocolate Race Series has been on my race list for several years and I’m excited to be registered for the 15K in Atlanta this month. I am looking so forward to that “sweet” medal at the finish!
2) Bible Reading Plan – I’ve always wanted to read the Bible all the way through within a year. I started a plan on January 1st and I’ve been very happy with the plan outline so far. I’m in the middle of the books of Matthew and Genesis. It is nice to read both the New and Old Testament at the same time. I’ve gotta admit, I’ve been reading the Bible most often when I’m on the bike and it has become a new favorite of mine. The miles really do fly by. I find myself going longer distances than I planned for-simply because I do not want to stop reading and learning!
3) 150 Miles – If you follow me on social media then you know that my big fitness goal for 2016 is to run/walk/bike 2016 miles by December 31st of this year. I’m breaking that goal up with little mile goals each month to help me accomplish the big goal. I’ve certainly got a big challenge before me but I have confidence on my side as well.
4) Exercise 4x a week – I have been using my kitchen calendar to keep track of all of my workouts so far this month. Andy and I will also be taking a yoga class together on Wednesday nights as well.
5) Lose 3 pounds – With the amount of exercise I plan on doing this month (and healthy eating habits) I hope to lose 3 pounds this month. Andy and I have committed to making one new healthy recipe a week, which I think will aid in weight loss as well.
What are your goals this month? Do you set monthly goals or do you prefer a yearly goal?