With today being the sixth day of November, it is about time I finally hit “publish” on this post! I’ve been working on these goals since the first of the month. I took time to research the next race that I am registering for and look for the right training plan for me. This caused a delay in getting my goals in order, but here they are (in random order):
- Start 15K Training – I’ve decided to go with Hal Higdon’s Novice 15K training plan. Though I have run a half marathon, 10 Miler, 10K and several 5K races in the past, I never truly committed to a proper training plan for any of those races. I want to improve on my pace and finish time. I also want to complete a training program so I can determine what worked and didn’t work for me. What race am I training for? One that has been on my “must do” race list for a long time: The Hot Chocolate 15K in Atlanta, GA on January 24th. Several of my friends are interested in doing this race as well, which I’m super excited about! I’m hoping that they will hold me accountable with my training plan, and I look forward to cheering them on as well. Plus, take a look at that finisher’s medal! I want one!
- Go To The Gym 15 Times – This might not sound like much to some of you, but I’m trying to be realistic with my goals. I would LOVE to go over this number, but I will be satisfied if I only make it to the gym the number of times I’ve set for myself this month. I’ve struggled with being consistent with my fitness routine ever since I became pregnant with Dawson. Recently, I’ve found my groove again, but I am still not setting that goal too high until I see consistency for several months.
- Attend 5 YMCA Classes – While I focus on going to the gym, I also want to make an effort to go to more classes. In the past, I’ve really enjoyed Pilates/Yoga and Zumba. I would like to try Cardio Dance Blast and Kettlebell Training as well.
- Run 30 Miles – This goal should be easy…if I stick to my 15K Training Plan.
- Lose 5 Pounds – I’d still like to lose about 15 pounds in total. However, I’ve gotta say that weight loss is not the priority it used to be for me. I am really focusing on developing muscle tone, strengthening my core and running faster. I do believe that the things that I am focusing on will cause me to see a dip in my weight.
QOTD: What are your goals for November?