I found this survey on pbfingers.com and thought I would use it for today’s post. I thought it would be a good way for new readers to get to know me (Lesley), and I honestly haven’t been able to write about something more interesting because we’ve been busy with our new labrador retriever puppy, Bruce Wayne (like the name?). He was neutered today and has been pretty sleepy, and we’ve cuddled on the couch most of the afternoon. Hopefully, life will get back to normal tomorrow and I can write a post telling you all about my new little creatures – we just got a kitten too!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
I was soooo bad today! I had a Tall Hot Chocolate with low-fat milk (whole hurts my stomach) and whipped cream along with a cream cheese danish from Starbucks. I used to eat this all of the time when I was in college and I haven’t had this since last winter. IT. WAS. WONDERFUL. The nice people at Starbucks also gave me a free sample cup of their new Chocolate Chai Tea Latte. This was very good. It really did get me in the mood for Fall even more.
2. How much water do you drink a day?
I drink water all day, every day. I always have a water bottle with me that I drink out of at work, at restaurants, in the car line to pick Connor up from school, the gym…it goes everywhere with me. I don’t know how much I drink, but I know it is a lot.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Running of course! Other than running, my favorite workout is hitting the elliptical, arm or leg (I rotate days) exercises, and then hitting the pool for laps. I also love yoga/pilates.
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
My goal is 1300.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
I love grapes and bananas-these two are definitely my faves!
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
I usually eat a sandwich with baked chips and grapes for lunch.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
My legs. They are my strongest part of my body and I love the leg press machine!
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
My arms. I have no muscle in them and I’m afraid I’ll never have strong arms 😦
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
Chocolate anything, pretty much.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
I take a women’s vitamin from GNC every day.
11. How often do you eat out?
Too often! We’ve gotten so much better about it but I’d like to limit our family to only going out to eat once a week.
12. Do you eat fast food?
The only fast food I’ll eat is Subway, Firehouse Subs and Chick-fil-a. I’ll never be able to give up Chick-fil-a.
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
Andrew, without a doubt.
14. Do you have a gym membership?
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
I try to get 8 and most nights I do.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
I often do, but I never plan it.
17. Do you drink alcohol?
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
I workout and run with Andrew. I’ve also run a race with my friend Robin. I like to go on my own from time to time though to clear my head.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
I have energy. I am not afraid to try new things or fail. I used to be afraid of failure, so I wouldn’t try at all.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
30 minutes on the elliptical and leg exercises today.